Interested students/parents are invited to contact the school’s Admissions Office (contact details below) to recieve an application form.
Procedure to follow :
1. Parents receive an admissions package from the school or website
2. Parents complete all application forms
3. Parents pay non-refundable application fee of RMB1500
4. The Admissions Office reviews all paperwork in order to ensure all documentation has been submitted.
5. School arranges admission tests/assessments (where appropriate)
6. Student takes tests/assessments (where appropriate)
7. School reviews applications
8. School arranges interview (where required)
9. Parents are informed of school’s decision
10. School decides the grade level placing
11. School provides invoice for school fees
12. Payment is made to the school before the student commences class
UEF schools are proud of our inclusive policy and our non-selective entry criteria. All applicants for all grades are, however, expected to undergo a placement test. This test is designed to provide objective data in order that our teachers can prepare an appropriate programme upon entry. Where parents wish to apply for a grade other than that indicated by our age policy, the issue is referred to the Head of School for consideration. Where a student wishes to apply for entry into Grade 12, the application will be referred to the Head of School. We will normally only accept students into Grade 12 if they have already completed the first year of an IB DP programme and have studied appropriate subjects. Where a student wishes to apply for entry part-way through Grade 11, the application will be immediately referred to the Head of School.
Offer of a Place
The Admissions Office will issue a formal offer of a place from the Head of School. This offer, and subsequent acceptance, signals the opening of a formal student file, and is referred to the Senior Leadership Team.
Students entering the school part-way through a school year can only begin school on a Monday.
Boarding at UISZ
Children aged 8 years and above at the time of entry to the school are eligible for boarding. Where boarding places are applied for, and the child is under the age of 8 at the anticipated starting date, special consideration will be given. This process will involve interviews with parents and the child, as well as discussions with the child's previous school. In the event that a boarding place is offered to a child under the age of 8, this may be for a trial period in the first instance and subject to conditions agreed with, and supported by, parents.
For more information, please contact the Admissions Office.